Monday, July 12, 2010

JG: Feed Me Beats.

"Can We Pretend That Metaphors Are Like Similes Without Using Like or As. I Should Really Learn To Write Right Now, Write Right Now (echo effect)."

If I'm not mistaken, this will be this blog's first post about music.

Ok, so I'm not content with American radio. I'm sure no one is. Also, that MGMT cd meag sent me is either not good or not for me. (I've also heard rumo(u)rs that this band Abel Tasman would be releasing a very pretentious, purposely vague and esoteric album this summer, but I've seen nothing of it.) This, coupled with the fact my ipod speakers inexplicably broke about six months ago, means I must make a Compact Disc. I ask you all to help me complete it. It is summer, so do please try to avoid any singers that stabbed themselves in the heart (twice). Here is the list as stands:


You Don't Know Me (feat Regina Spektor) - Ben Folds
Past My Shades (Feat. Lupe Fiasco) - B.o.B. (sure I just made fun of him, but this is just too awesome slash hysterical)
Kick Drum Heart - The Avett Brothers (thank you jerry)
Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo) - Black Kids
The Daredevil Christopher Wright - The Daredevil Christopher Wright
The Ghost Inside - Broken Bells
Close to me - Ballyhoo! (sorry I have a thing for shitty bands that wish they were Sublime)
Cousins - Vampire Weekend
When We Swam - Thao with The Get Down Stay Down (YES, YES, & YES)
Butt Ugly Slut - Roger Alan Wade (best song ever made??)
Baby Boomerang - The Shins
I Woke Up Today - Port O'Brien
Shape Of My Heart - Noah And The Whale
The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
I Don't Care - Justin Townes Earle
and of course....
Hit or Miss - New Found Glory (I refuse to go more than three years without bringing this song back)

I await your esteemed input....

3 comments:

  1. I love Thao, she's amazing. She works very closely with Oxfam on a number of projects. Here's her new video with Mirah filmed at Thao's apartment. PS I miss youu!!

    http://vimeo.com/11534930

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my suggestions, all of which Joey will immediately dismiss as unqualified for his compact disc.

    Current favorites: 11th Dimension (Julian Casablancas), It's Working (MGMT), Folding Chair (Regina Spektor)

    Other good summer songs... West Coast (Coconut Records), Stawberry Swing (Coldplay), Rockin the Suburbs (Ben Folds), Someday (The Strokes)

    --Meag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constructive Summer (Hold Steady)

    TD

    ReplyDelete