Monday, August 2, 2010

TD: Vinyl

If Pat, Joey, and I have not already announced our "Hipsterdom" with our posts about the best and brightest from underground music or film through our very boastful opinions, than this post is the tipping point (for me atleast). No, but seriously: Vinyl is fantastic. A few weeks ago I ventured to a D.C. suburb with my fellow WLOY crew to collect over 1,500 records from a former NSA lingusist who raises cats--she had 27 felines. After spending nearly three hours sifting through the cat hair to collect Springsteen's "Born in the USA" and Frampton's "Peter Frampton Comes Alive!", the kind and quirky cat collecter offered me a shitty but free record player. 

Pat, Jordie, Jack, and I (aswell as several guests that frequent our Mt. Washington pad) have been enjoying the wonders of vinyl. From The Strokes "Is This It?" to The Beatles "Abbey Road" we've spent countless hours listening to the classics in our damp, candle lit basement. After being a vinyl enthusiast for only a few weeks, I can say with confidence that "the crackle" is all its crackled up to be (no pun intended hehe). If you like music, buy a record player. You seriously will not regret it.

I'm keeping it short.

goodbye.


TD

No comments:

Post a Comment