Thursday, February 4, 2010

MM: Puppies: My Anti-Drug

As my days in America dwindle away and I find myself having minor heart attacks every few hours at the thought of flying all the way to the other side of the world to the mysterious and fantastical island of New Zealand, I require something to calm my nerves – some sort of happy potion to take away all my anxiety and transport me to a world where there are no worries, just laughter and love.

My drug of choice: puppy videos. There are various kinds of puppy videos out there on the Youtubes to brighten your mood and melt your heart when you need a nice pick-me-up. This may not work for heartless, puppy-fearing souls such as Christie Welch, but I think a majority of the human population will agree with me when I say, “Puppies are freakin’ awesome.”
(That's my doggie, Gordo, by the way. He enjoys protecting our house from squirrels and stealing gum out of people's purses)

1. HELPLESS PUPPIES
After watching a helpless puppy video, you just want to pick the poor thing up and give it a big hug. How could the wittle doggie’s owner allow such torture to occur? But it does make for wonderful entertainment, I will admit.


Now, if you watched that and are legitimately concerned about whether or not the puppy ever righted itself – fear not! DK found the epic conclusion to this video.


2. FROLICKING PUPPIES
Puppies playing, puppies running around, puppies falling over, etc. Pure puppy fun. This one made me laugh:


3. SLEEPY PUPPIES
We all love puppies when they’re rolling around and jumping on things and having a grand old time, but they are just as entertaining when it’s time to turn it in. Often times they are not quite ready to admit defeat, but eventually sleep wins.


4. PUPPIES VS. CATS
This category is pretty self explanatory. Puppies > Cats. End of story. Try to argue it; I don’t really see how you would win.


5. PUPPIES BEFRIENDING OTHER ANIMALS
Puppies love everyone. For example, this puppy loves a duck. I just hope the guy that adopted the puppy doesn’t plan on eating him. I can’t help but think that every time I see a Chinese man with a dog, due a traumatic 8th grade Social Studies lesson that I really don’t want to get into detail about right now so stop asking me!


6. DUMB PUPPIES
One of the most endearing characteristics of puppies is their stupidity. Whether they are chasing their own tails, terrified of the vacuum cleaner, or, as in this puppy’s case, fascinated by their own reflection, they capture our hearts with their silliness.



7. SCARED/DEFENSIVE PUPPIES
As they become acclimated to their environment, puppies often feel the need to defend themselves and their surroundings. Watch as this dog engages in an epic battle with some really sweet robot that I kind of want.


8. CUTE PUPPIES
Sometimes the puppy doesn’t need to do anything but be adorable. The “happy feet” are not what is cute about this video; Rosie’s good looks carry the whole clip. By the way, this puppy is not doing “happy feet” as her obnoxious owner claims; she simply wants to get down the stairs! Poor thing.


9. BABIES AND PUPPIES
What is almost as sweet as a puppy (but not quite)?: A BABY! Put the two together and you’ve got an overload of cuteness. This video is a bit drawn out, but just watch at about 0:25. What a beautiful moment.


10. DRUNK SQUIRREL
Yeah I know, squirrels are not puppies. They are not even close to being on puppy level. In fact, they are the worst animal ever to set foot on this planet. But I enjoy watching this rodent struggle after eating fermented pumpkins. Enjoy!


I hope these puppies brightened your day! Don't do real drugs!
Peace out!
Meag

1 comment: